Aspiramos Juntos (We Hope Together) is a grantmaking program offered to organizations in the Chicago region by the Lumpkin Family Foundation. The program’s vision and grantmaking guidelines reflect the aspirations of those members of the Lumpkin family who make their homes in the area.
We hope together that…
- Our behavior as individuals and as a community sustain the planet for future generations.
- ALL in our community have access to healthy food that is both affordable and sustainably produced.
- Our children eat well, are physically active, and spend time outdoors.
Focus of Support
We are interested in receiving proposals from organizations that:
- Support opportunities for children in/out of school to engage physically with and to learn about the natural world, to eat well, and to make the most of their innate sense of justice and caring for others and the planet.
- Encourage collaboration among organizations and people working on matters related to environmental sustainability and climate change.
- Support the development of a healthy, local food system.
- Preserve and protect important natural places in the Chicago region.
The 2017 timetable for proposals to Aspiramos Juntos is as follows:
|2017 Spring Cycle
|Letters of Inquiry accepted until April 7th (not before March 20th);
|Applications invited by May 1st
|Applications due May 22nd
|Grant decisions made by June 23rd.
|2017 Fall Cycle
|Letters of Inquiry accepted until October 20th (not before September 29th);
|Applications invited by November 10th;
|Applications due December 4th;
|Grant decisions made by December 22nd.
Please direct inquiries about Aspiramos Juntos to:
Bruce Karmazin, Executive Director